Friday, October 18, 2013

Post 7: Hermann Hesse


Hi everyone, today I´m going to talk about a wonderful writer that I discovered this year: Hermann Hesse. I really enjoy reading, and I do it all the time, beside what I read for classes. 


Hermann Hesse (Calw, 1877 - Montagnola, 1962) was a German writer. He wrote mainly about freedom, nihilism, and love; many times his stories are autobiographic. 

File:Hermann Hesse 2.jpg
Hermann Hesse

The first time I date with my boyfriend, he took a book on his pocket: Demian from Hermann Hesse. I have never had heard about him. He told me about the story and I liked it. I asked him for the book, but he didn´t bring it to me because he was still reading it, but he bring me another: "The steppenwolf" form Hermann Hesse too. I read it, and I loved it, I felt very identificated with the starring character because he was a lonely man who was looking for himself. 

After this I look for another book in the subway library, and I found "Under the Wheels" from Hermann Hesse, I loved too, and again I felt identificated with the starring character because he was a boy who felt very pressured by everyone and he just wanted to be him self.

Finally, I read Demian, in fact I finished to read it yesterday... I do love it, seriously.

I hope you can read some of those book!

1 comment:

  1. Hermann Hesse is an excellent writer! I read it I began to work with the Steppenwolf and I loved it, absolutely share your guto by this writer :)

    ReplyDelete