Friday, October 25, 2013

Post 8: How green are you?

Urban veg patch with bottles

Today I will try to think about environmentally friendly practices.

 I think people can learn about this practice easily than before because the information is everywhere: TV, newspapers, magazines and mostly in the internet, because this topic is in vogue. I really don´t know if I have very incorporated this habits in my life because some of that are a little bit complicated to materialize, but I do what I can, like trying to be careful with the natural resources like water and gas. Also I try to recycle wood boxes to make bookshelves, and plastic pans to make vases; also I am making recycled journals, and I sell it in some ecologic fairs.

I don´t use a bike because I don´t have one, and in addition I´m a little bit afraid because I live in a big and dangerous avenue. I even don´t have a car, so I use my legs and the public transport.
A recycled bookshelf with tomatoes box


I have never joined or supported any Eco-organization, but I follow many of those in internet, I read its news, and sometimes they publish very interesting recycling ideas.

I participated in a vegetable patch building in a kindergarten close to the campus. I would like to have my own vegetable patch, but in my home I don´t have enough place, because it is asphalted. But I would like to learn to do a "urban veg patch".

I think our society must regard this issue, maybe teaching environmentally friendly practice at schools, and encourage with community workshop, and financing projects. It could be wonderful if everyone have their own veg patch on their home.

7 comments:

  1. You have reason, the information is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that work with the community it could be a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that there isn't many information or at least this information is not common :/ Regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. I invite you to lose the afraid and just ride one bike. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be like you! Very good ideas
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your ideas and I hope that in the future I can put in practice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like you said about: " i do what i can".... i think in the same way

    ReplyDelete