Friday, October 4, 2013

FREE POST 2: Me & the movies

Cry Baby
To watch movies on my free time is one my favorite hobbies. I like to go to the cinema, but actually I prefer to watch it at home because is more comfortable, I can eat whatever I want, and it does not matter if I fall sleep in the middle of the film.

On weekends, if I don´t go out with friends and even I don´t have to study, I like to spend the whole night watching movies. I have a lot of DVD´s, I´m always buying new ones and the most of them I have watched many times, but recently I watch movies on the internet.

Marlon Brando as "The wild one"
My favorite movies are old movies, the black and white one. My favorite actor of those movies is Marlon Brando, I love "The wild one" and "An streetcar named desire". My favorite director is John Waters, I like his films because always there is a review of the American way of life in a funny way. Also, the most of his movies are based on the fifties and sixties, and I really like fashion and music from this age, for example I mention "Cry baby" and "Hairspray". "Hairspray" is well known now because it was remake recently.

Yojimbo
In addition I like to make an incursion on another countries films, not just American ones. In fact many far away countries has a rich film industry, and I like because I can learn about another cultures, I mean German, French, Italian, Spanish, or Irak films for example. But I must say Japanese movies has surprised me, because those one are completely different in many ways: the topics, the character and even the time. I have watched some Akira Kurosawa old films about samurai like "Yojimbo" and I think those are master pieces. Also recently I watched a modern Japanese film and it was awesome, it is called "Old boy".

I like some old Chilean movies too, but actually Chilean films are not too attractive to me.

As you can see... I love films!

3 comments:

  1. I don´t like the movies :( I prefer go to any place where I could be in contact with the nature, but I agree with you about the old chilean movies were better than the actually films :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movies are awesome ... I really like it ...there are many movies that I want to watch but I don't have time ...I recommend you watch "The conjuring" :) ... is a great movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like watch the movies too, but in my home because I hate the cinema, I don´t like the people speaking or eating, I feel uncomfortable in this places

    ReplyDelete